Best Types Of Shampoos To Use For Your Hair Type
Choosing the right brand of shampoo can mean the difference between healthy, shiny and soft hair and dull, dry and damaged tresses. Keep in mind that although shampoos are primarily formulated to remove the buildup of environmental contaminants like dirt, dust and grime as well as hair products like gel, mousse and sprays, these products are also especially-formulated for different hair types.
Shampoos for thin hair have ingredients formulated to nourish, thicken and strengthen the hair strands. We recommend:
• Pantene Pro-V Full & Thick Collection makes the hair smoother, softer and shinier while also thickening the hair. The final result after continued use is improved overall appearance coupled with a nice smell. Plus, it is certainly an affordable way to improve hair volume using at-home methods.
• Nexxus Diametress Luscious Hair Thickening Shampoo and Sublime Volume Luscious Bodifying Conditioner are obviously a hair-thickening duo. In lab tests, their combination increased the diameter of the hair strands, thus, adding volume to the tresses. However, many users complain of an increased tendency for frizz and flyaway hair.
Moisture – this is what is lacking in dry hair. Shampoos for dry hair are then richer in terms of moisture, ingredients and consistency. We recommend:
• Kerastase Shampoo, which is suitable for sensitive, stressed and damaged scalp and hair. Its advanced formulation leaves both cleansed and hydrated, thus, making the hair less dry and tangled.
• Opalis Shampoo works well for frizzy, dry and unmanageable tresses as well as for over-processed, over blow-dried hair. The secret lies in the orange blossom and wheat germ oil ingredients.
Probably the most difficult type of hair to deal with, oily hair requires specialized products formulated for such tresses. We strongly suggest the following shampoos:
• Anthony Logistics for Men can also be used by women. Its combination of herbs particularly peppermint, lavender and chamomile is the secret behinds its efficacy in managing oily hair. Peppermint cleanses, lavender disinfects and chamomile purifies the hair and scalp.
• Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo for Oily Hair has herbal ingredients proven beneficial to manage oily hair. Its best function is in the removal of the buildup of sebum and dead skin cells as well as dirt, dust and grime on the scalp and hair, thus, making it easier for the body’s natural oils to be managed.
When it comes to frizzy hair, deep conditioning is essential to tame the stubborn strands. There are many shampoos and conditioners especially formulated to manage frizzy and flyaway hair, in addition to the usual gel, mousse and hairspray. We suggest:
• Pantene Extra Straight 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner is a triple threat, so to speak. It cleans the hair and scalp of its unwanted buildup while also moisturizing the strands and controlling the frizz.
• Redken Smooth Down Shampoo has macadamia oil to nourish the hair and scalp, candelilla wax to smooth the hair, and cationic refiners to control frizz.
In a way, limp hair requires a good “kick” to make it full of life again. We suggest Kérastase Volumactive to achieve big hair that oozes sex kitten appeal. Its non-sticky formula contain polymers that aid in strengthening fine, fragile and limp strands while also nourishing it from roots to tips. You should then have silkier, softer and thicker hair with more bounce to it than before.